Sunday, January 25, 2015

Thinking About What I Want


Thoughts Float On By

My focus directs my thoughts. My thoughts direct my focus. What I find more of in my life also reflects my thoughts and my focus.

While this reality can be a good thing, it can also lead to an increase in what I really don't want.

This has been demonstrated for me in my attempts to halt habits that annoy me or aren't healthy for me. By concentrating on ways to NOT do something, I've managed to increase my focus on that something I wish to halt. My focus brings more of it into my life and I'm stuck on the wrong side of the tracks.

Alternately, I cannot just focus on what I want with mantras and affirmations. The problem with those methods rests in the layers behind the spoken words. My unconscious is silently adding comments about those items I am hoping to change and thus my focus remains on what I don't want.

However, when I latch onto what I really want with a link to my heart and my emotions, I uncover multiple paths to visualizing what I want with a passion and conviction that overrides all other views. Eventually, the old becomes dust and the new becomes reality.

Next time you feel a shadow floating into your awareness, just sigh and let it float on by without thinking, "I'm depressed." Because sure as the sun rises in the morning, with that thought you'll be depressed before the day ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment