Friday, August 31, 2018

An August Moon

.


I missed this year’s August moon. Cloud cover stole the show, left me dependent on science websites for images of the Mercury/Moon pairing. I look forward to full moon days, generally find the light of night more peaceful than what fills every crevice during sunlit hours. Waking during the night, I’m drawn to the window, sometimes leave the house to be bathed in the energy reaching me when I stand on my deck or in my backyard. This year, my views were delayed until the moon’s edges withdrew, replaced by black shadows and leading me to the following poem.

Did You Wake Me?

Ragged moon still holds power
over night’s clear skies,
draws me to the large back window
when I wake after midnight.

Did you wake me, friend moon?

by judy beaston
August 30, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment